Eligibility for International Students
We recognise that our business is built on talent from around the world; at Lloyds Banking Group we value and actively seek a diverse workforce. However if you want to join our Graduate Programme it is essential that you have the right to work in the UK at the date of commencement of the Programme. We will check this before you join.
There are certain, limited, circumstances in which we might be able to sponsor a Tier 2 (General) visa for you to obtain this right to work. This will generally only happen if Tier 2 (General) application does not depend on also passing the resident labour market test (RLMT).
The RLMT requires Lloyds Banking Group to demonstrate that there are no suitably qualified resident workers to fill the vacancy. This is rarely the case with the graduate programme. If you hold a Tier 4 (General) Visa you may be exempt from the RLMT. You will need to meet all of the following requirements.
- You have completed and passed one of the following and will gain confirmation of your qualification prior to September 2019:
- A UK recognised bachelors or Master’s degree (not an equivalent qualification);
- A UK postgraduate certificate in education or post graduate diploma of education (not an equivalent application);
- A minimum 12 months’ study in the UK towards the UK PhD.
- You have studied for the course at a UK institution which is a UK recognised or listed body or which holds a sponsor licence in the Tier 4 the points-based system.
- You have studied the course during your last grant of leave or a period of continuous leave which includes your last grant of leave.
- Your periods of UK study and/or research towards a course were undertaken while you had entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain in the UK and were not subject to any restriction preventing you from undertaking that course and/or research.
If you are a Tier 4 (General) Visa holder who meets the above requirements you must submit your application for a Tier 2 (General) Visa in the UK before your start date. Your application cannot be made from outside the UK and you must meet all of the above requirements when you apply. Please ensure any plans you may have reflect this fact.
If we cannot fill all the spaces on certain programmes with suitably qualified settled workers we may be able to complete the RLMT for roles in those programmes. If you need the RLMT to be completed in order to take up a place in the programme you may still apply above. With your permission we will hold your details on file and may revisit your application following the results of our normal recruitment procedures.