Protect 30 million people across the country
Identifying risk is critical to financial services – from technological threats to more traditional fraud cases – and it’s constantly evolving. Protecting our 30 million customers is at the heart of everything we do, and our Risk Management teams keep us one step ahead of ever-changing threats. Now we’re searching for new talent to join them. So, if you’re looking for a career with impact – we have a job for you. And the great news is you don’t need a business or finance degree to come and work with us.
Your career journey starts here
Are you a natural problem solver who thinks strategically and can challenge assumptions? Do you look for innovative new ways of doing things and encourage others to do the same? Are you eager to learn how a national organisation protects itself and its customers from different threats? If the answer is yes, you’ll be a great fit for our Risk Management teams. From identifying and resolving financial crime, to working on risk strategies for our products, you’ll build your leadership skills and help our business to make the right decisions for our customers across the UK.
About the programme
During several placements across two years in different locations around the UK, you’ll work in a variety of areas to develop your strengths. Over this time, you will make an impact through your work and nation-wide projects.
Day to day you could be:
- Helping us to shape how the Group manages risk
- Developing your understanding of credit risk, risk analysis and financial modelling
- Using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify our risk management processes
- Learning new leadership skills that will be invaluable for your future career
- Analysing risks that arise within the financial markets
- Developing bespoke customer strategies to help our commercial clients
- Conducting technical reviews of new technologies and the associated risks
- Supporting our fraud and financial crime prevention work on strategies to address emerging risks
- Reviewing, challenging and providing recommendations on the risk profile and management in different business areas
- Conducting reviews to assess how we control risk
- Monitoring delivery of business functions and providing an early warning of potential issues
And it’s built around you
People do their best work when they feel happy and valued, that’s why you’ll receive the tools you need to develop the career you want – from mentoring to TED-style talks. We’ll support you to study for a professional qualification and you’ll also have the chance to lead on UK community volunteering initiatives.
As the largest digital bank in the UK we’re dedicated to helping Britain prosper. As part of the Group, you’ll not only represent Lloyds Bank but our other brands too, including Bank of Scotland, Scottish Widows and Halifax. Our focus is to become the bank of the future, and with over 14 million online and 10 million mobile users, we’re constantly exploring how to bring new digital solutions to our customers.
But first you’ll need
A 2:2 degree or above in any discipline from any university. The variety and experiences of our colleagues makes our workplace unique, so we encourage people from every kind of background to apply. It’s important for us, and it shows. Recently, we were named a Times Top 50 Employer For Women, as well as the Best Bank in the World for Diversity and Inclusion at the Euromoney Awards 2017 and a Times Top 100 Graduate Employer.
Our Graduate Programmes are rotational and our Risk Management roles are based nationwide, with the potential of international placements.