HELP US REWRITE THE RULES IN FINANCIAL SERVICES
New technologies, new ways of working and new goals.
Lloyds Banking Group is changing the way we help 26 million personal customers, 1 million businesses, and communities across the UK, and Finance teams are at the heart of this change. They’re the trusted advisors to our businesses, sharing analyses and trends that guide our strategic decisions as we work to become the bank of the future. We’re searching for new talent to join them and help us grow. If you’re looking for a career with impact – we have a job for you. And the great news is you don’t need a business or finance degree to come and work with us.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Over three years, you’ll complete four placements in a variety of areas from Treasury to Financial Planning that will help you develop a well-rounded skill set and equip you for life after the programme.
We also have a Finance Scotland Graduate Programme based solely in Edinburgh. Here, you’ll complete three placements over three years. To apply for this role, select Finance (Scotland) from the programme list on the application page.
During our Finance graduate programme you will work in:
- CORE FINANCE
Understand and contribute to the core purpose of the Finance function within Lloyds Banking Group
Develop an insight into Lloyds Banking Group’s customers and the products and services we provide (not part of Finance Scotland programme)
- INSIGHT & ANALYSIS
Deliver analysis and insight, working independently and presenting information tailored to stakeholders
- BUSINESS PARTNERING
Become a Finance Specialist and lead relationships with both the business and finance community with responsibility for local decisions
Day-to-day this could be:
- Reviewing business decisions across Lloyds Banking Group – from finance to business improvement and contributing ideas about ways we can work more efficiently
- Learning about regulatory frameworks and our businesses so you can start to provide high-quality financial advice and insights to internal customers
- Performing core finance activities including forecasting, reporting, profitability modelling and business case development
- Helping to prepare month end reports by providing various pieces of analysis to team members
- Preparing key presentations such as strategic and financial updates or investor slides, that are backed by sound figures and which give insightful commentary on financial metrics
- Performing deep-dives on specific elements of the business and building a solid understanding of product portfolios
- Using new technology, models and data to improve the quality of our insights
- Building strong and lasting relationships with colleagues across all levels of the business
- Analysing the banking industry to understand the impact, risk and opportunity for Lloyds Banking Group
REWARDS & BENEFITS
IS THIS FOR YOU?
A 2:2 degree or above in any discipline from any university and an open mind.LOCATIONS
Our Graduate Programmes are rotational and our Finance roles are based around the UK, so you’re likely to work in a number of different locations, in order to develop the skills you need.
The Finance Scotland programme is based in solely in Edinburgh, though some travel may be required.
Everyone comes to Lloyds Banking group with different experiences, skills and knowledge, and these differences give us opportunities to learn and grow. It’s what makes our workplace unique and we encourage people from every kind of background to apply. It’s important for us, and it shows.
Recently, we were named as one of The Times’ Top 50 Employers for Women for the 8th consecutive year, the Top Financial Employer and seventh overall in the 2019 Stonewall Top 100 employers list, and one of The Times’ Top 100 Graduate Employers.
MEET HASHEMRead more
OUR ACTUARIAL SCHEME
Lloyds Banking Group also offers an Actuarial scheme within our Insurance Finance team, under our insurance brand, Scottish Widows.
This rotational programme offers graduates the opportunity to train as an actuary, working within the insurance business to deliver fair outcomes for customers, and ensure the company remains in strong financial health. For more information, including the specific criteria and the application process for this scheme, please visit our careers site and search for actuarial roles.
As the largest digital bank in the UK we’re dedicated to helping Britain prosper. In 2018 alone, we helped over 100,000 companies start trading, lent £2bn to start-ups and helped 5,000 clients to export their products internationally for the first time – and this is just the start. As part of Lloyds Banking Group, you’ll not only represent Lloyds Bank but our other brands too, including Bank of Scotland, and Scottish Widows. Our focus is to become the bank of the future, and with over 15.9 million digitally active customers and nearly 10 million app mobile users, we’re constantly exploring how to bring new digital solutions to the people who reply on us.
If you’re interested in building the next generation of banking, developing your skills at the UK’s largest digital bank and working on the frontline of emerging technologies, we want to hear from you.
So, if you have, or are on track for a 2:2 degree then apply now. Our biggest tip for the application process is just to be yourself! If you share our vision, are eager to learn and can help push us forward, then we want you.