Combine next-generation technology with human intelligence
From chatbots and machine learning to robotic process automation, integrating next-generation technology into our business is helping us become the bank of the future. It’s something that our Data Science teams are at the forefront of, which is a significant challenge given we’re the UK’s biggest digital bank.
They investigate new data-driven capabilities that have the potential to change the lives of our 30 million customers across the UK. Now we’re searching for new talent to join them. So, if you have a mathematical background, an understanding of coding techniques, algebra and probabilities and a desire to make a real impact – we have a job for you.
Your career journey starts here
Are you curious about next-generation technologies? Are you passionate about solving data science challenges? Do you enjoy working collaboratively with diverse groups? Do you love working with big data and discovering new solutions? If the answer is yes, then our Data Science programme is for you. We are bringing together the brightest and most passionate people and giving them the latest intelligent technologies to develop new data science algorithms and models. This will enable us to introduce new ways of banking for our customers, making their lives easier and helping them to manage their money more effectively.
Closing date for applications to this programme
About the programme
During a two-year graduate programme, you will be at the centre of some of the most impactful technology changes across LBG. Not only will you grow your career with us, you’ll have the chance to work on projects with a national scale.
Day to day you could be:
- Undertaking quantitative analysis on business problems across the Group, then working with key stakeholders to propose innovative solutions. Could a Recurrent Neural Network lead to the next breakthrough in fraud prevention?
- Helping the business to understand how to use data science and coding to help shape their strategies. Could you develop a propensity model to work out how we can help our customers bank with us more efficiently?
- Using modern pattern recognition, statistical analysis and machine learning techniques to solve mathematical data science challenges. Can Natural Language Generation create smarter chatbots our customers enjoy interacting with?
- Developing Python code to test your hypothesis, presenting findings to key stakeholders and building end-to-end solutions at an enterprise scale. Your code could help millions of customers and protect billions of pounds, are you ready to make a real change and Help Britain Prosper?
- Researching and developing new cutting-edge methods and sharing knowledge with the rest of the Data Science community. You could become the next big name in data science, presenting at conferences across the UK and beyond.
And it’s built around you
People do their best work when they feel happy and valued; that’s why you’ll receive the tools you need to develop the career you want – from mentoring to delivering TED-style talks. You’ll also have the chance to lead on UK community volunteering initiatives. With the Data Science programme, you’ll have the opportunity and support to pursue a technical career – which could be anything from speech analytics to machine learning.
As the largest digital bank in the UK we’re dedicated to helping Britain prosper. As part of the Group, you’ll not only represent Lloyds Bank but our other brands too, including Bank of Scotland, Scottish Widows and Halifax. Our focus is to become the bank of the future, and with over 14 million online and 10 million mobile users, we’re constantly exploring how to bring new digital solutions to our customers.
But first you’ll need
A 2:2 degree or above in any discipline from any university, PhD and Masters Students are also welcome. The variety and experiences of our colleagues makes our workplace unique, so we encourage individuals from every kind of background to apply. It’s important for us, and it shows. Recently, we were named a Times Top 50 Employer For Women, as well as the Best Bank in the World for Diversity and Inclusion at the Euromoney Awards 2017 and a Times Top 100 Graduate Employer.
Our Data Science roles are based in London with UK travel required.